Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

CDAC Embellishment Challenge

Hey all, CDAC has started their new round of challenges. And my wonderful friend Vickie, of Nana Vic's, has donated the most incredible Easter Cross you have ever seen. Seriously people, you have got to go over and check it out! She has donated it for the Embellishment challenge. If you are not a member of the CDAC, you can find this gorgeous creation at Vickie's store, Nana Vics Digitals, for a very reasonable price. And the embellishment of her choice? Flowers!!! You must have 2 or more flowers on your project. Now I looked at this wonderful cross and although it is for Easter I knew just what I wanted to use it for. A friend of mine has recently lost a family member and so I thought that it would be great for a sympathy card. So this is what I came up with.



So the first thing I had to do was decide on a style of card. I found this card, called a Stand Up card, at Photobucket. The direct link to it is here. This style of card is so easy to do. The dp is from My Grafico and was also a freebie. It is called Doodle flowers add on. I colored the image and then took my Gelly Roller Golden Star gold glitter pen and outlined the image and then added the gold to the "rays" eminating from the cross. I punched the ends of my one piece of blue polka dot paper with my scallop trim border and did the corners of my image with a corner punch. The royal purple color under the image is from Michaels. I added some ribbon that was in my stash, some pearls and my flowers. I used blue and yellow mini roses and put those on top of some wonderful white fabric flowers.

The royal purple color under the image is from Michaels. I added some ribbon that was in my stash, some pearls and my flowers. I used blue and yellow mini roses and put those on top of some wonderful white fabric flowers.
 I looked up the sentiment on the front on line (had to make sure I had the wording right) and then put a sentiment on the "inside" that I found at Split Coast Stampers.




Supplies:
Uncolored Image: Nana Vic's Easter Cross
DP: BoBunny
Background DP: My Grafico
CS: Royal purple colored paper from Michaels
Punches: SU Scallop trim border punch and a corner punch from Creative Memories.
Flowers: Recollections Mulberry Paper mini roses and SU Pretty's Kit
Pearls: Recollections pearl stickers
Image colored with: Prisma Scholar pencil crayons
Glitter Pen: Gelly Roll Golden Star from Michaels

Challenges entered:
CDAC Embellishment Challenge 19
Wild Orchids - Anything Goes
Digi Doodle Shops Best - Challenge #50 - Pearls










7 comments:

Nightowl said...

Charlene you truly have outdone yourself with this card. Words really do not do it justice and I can only thank you so much for creating a card that will hold so much meaning to the one recieving it. Bless you my friend. *Huge Hugs*

Ellis said...

Stunning card Charlene! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Diane said...

A very beautiful card and I love the fold! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Diane x

Kim Kelley said...

Just gorgeous Char. I love how you step out of the normal box! (and you give some great ideas I can steal! LOL) Seriously you have a lot of talent! HUGS

Lawren said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! That is truly beautiful.

Marlene said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you for stopping by my blog....hope you enjoy the freebies!

WeirdCat said...

A wonderful card, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Each and every comment is greatly appreciated!

Hugs ~ Charlene