Followers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to You

Hi all...I know, it's been awhile since I've posted anything...well that's going to change. I have 4 cards to post, but I'm going to start with this one. It was my dear husband's birthday at the end of February and so I had to decide on a card to make him. Do I do the usual and go sappy, or do I do something different and do something funny. Well, I needed to do a card that wasn't so serious, so I decided funny was the way to go. So this is what I came up with.
The image is Gus by Bugaboo, and you can find this image and many more wonderful ones here. Isn't he just the greatest? And he comes with the greatest sentiment too! I used that sentiment inside the card and it says..."You know you're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair, that you once got from a roller coaster". Isn't that just priceless? I just had to do him with lots of colors, because he's such a colorful character. So I started out with a wonderful sage green, then a beautiful blue next. The dp is from my local Dollar Giant store. I used my Scalloped Oval Nestibility to cut him out and then surrounded it with little yellow Bubble and Bling stick on dots.




I then I added a wonderful green polka dot ribbon. I used my tag punch for the birthday sentiment. The sentiment is from Pattie's Creations and you can find it and all her wonderful images here.

Supplies:

CS: SU Sage Shadow and Tempting Turquoise, White pp from Michaels
DP: Birthday paper from Dollar Giant
Stick on dots: ATD Relaxed Bubbles and Bling from WalMart
Ribbon: Modern Home from Michaels
Colored with Prisma Scholar Pencil Crayons and oms

Challenges Entered:

Outlaws Monday's Birthday Challenge - Ribbon or String, etc. HB0228
Shelly's TTT Challenge - Lots of Layers
Bugaboo - Anything Goes
Lothian Crafts On Line - Challenge 12 - Bright Colors
Wild Orchids - Challenge 18 - Anything Goes
Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog - Challenge 35 - Birthday Card
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Celebrations Blog Hop

12 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

This one made me chuckle Charlene! Great card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Shelly's Images said...

What a fun card. Thanks so much for joining our "Lots of Layers" challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

Sammibug said...

So cute! Gus looks so thrilled! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week in our Lots of Layers challenge, at Shelly's Images.

Kim said...

What a fun card Charlene! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Sara I. said...

Love him Char!!! And I'm sure your hubby did too - you did a fabulous job coloring up the old guy - and I love how all the papers, colors and ribbon work so nicely together!! Of course, I love that polka dot ribbon (I'm a polka dot junkie!) Adorable balloon sentiment - works so well with this and your coloring is fantastic girl - shading is goruss!

Janet said...

Such a fun card Charlene. I must admit I feel like Gus sometimes! Thanks for sharing him with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

Kim Kelley said...

LMAO! Too funny. Good job Char

Natascha (nata1984) Germany said...

Hello Charlene!
Congratulation! You won my part on the Blo(lorascards@aol.com)with your choise of 2 digi images by Kenny K.

Hugs, Natascha

cardcrazy said...

Great card, Gus is always so fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug!

Starla B. said...

Hon, this card is fabulous! I'm sure your hubby loved it!!

You might want to check out my blog here for a little surprise...
http://youcouldbewishingonastar.blogspot.com/2011/03/feel-love.html

Irene (Ivy Swan Cards) said...

What an awesome birthday card for your hubby! Amazing work coloring the image and I love the design and colors you chose!

Cammy said...

Great card! Love the bright and cheery colors! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Each and every comment is greatly appreciated!

Hugs ~ Charlene